Monday, July 26, 2010

How to import AVCHD videos to Windows Live Movie Maker?

Windows Live Movie Maker is the best substitute for Windows Movie Maker in Windows 7. And WLMM supports much more video formats than WMM. But sometime you can still not import HD videos into Windows Live Movie Maker.

You may got only grey box in it, or the big red cross. So video importing is still a problem for Windows Live Movie Maker.

I tried AVCHD video from HD video camcoders. The video is in .MTS format. The WLMM can not read it. I tried some tools from site, and finally I make the video editable.
Here I'd like to share some steps for you to solve this problem. You may need it.

First, you can try to install codecs in your computer.
Most of video importing problems are caused by computer codecs. And many articles said we could try install new video codec. So I tried this K-Lite video codec, it had not solved my problem. But I can play some of videos which can not be supported before.

Then I tried to convert my AVCHD video.
I converted my video with Leawo HD Video Converter. IT is easy. Set the output format as AVI or WMV, then I got an editable video for WLMM.

Please let me know if you get any new problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment